About Dubai Duty Free
Dubai Duty Free was founded in 1983. The sales for that year were 20 million USD. Since then Dubai Duty Free has massively grown. In 1983 just 100 staff were working for Dubai Duty Free. Now there are over 6,000 employees from 47 different nationalities. In terms of turnover, Dubai Duty Free is ranked number one in single airport retail operations. In 2015 27 million sales transactions were recorded with an average of 74,000 each day. Sales of 1.88 billion USD were reported in 2015. For 15 years Dubai Duty Free has received the award for “Best Duty Free Shopping in the Middle East.” Up to now, Dubai Duty Free has been awarded over 500 awards.
On December 20th, 2015 Dubai Duty Free had its 32nd Anniversary. To celebrate, a 25% discount on a wide range of products was offered to travelers. Total sales for this period was 178.5 million AED/48.5 million USD.
Besides its retail operations Dubai Duty Free owns a leisure division which includes The Irish Village, Century Village, Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium and The Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.
Dubai Duty Free sport sponsorships
Dubai Duty Free sponsors a variety of sporting events ranging from golf to horse racing to tennis championships. The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships is owned and organized by Dubai Duty Free. The prize for the tournament is 4.6 million USD, and is an event that attracts guests from all over the world.
Dubai Duty Free Foundation
The Dubai Duty Free Foundation was launched in October 2004. The foundation raises money for various causes, particularly ones benefiting children. The foundation has opened the Dubai Duty Free Sports Complex in Haiti and has provided assistance for restoring eyesight to over 800,000 people in India through the Sight Savers Program. The foundation has also provided funds for house rebuilds in areas affected by the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, as well as provided funds for house rebuilds in areas following the November 2013 typhoon in the Philippines.
Dubai Duty Free has aided 37 local charities and 51 overseas charities.
Dubai Duty Free shops
Dubai Duty Free has shops located within the Dubai International Airport and the Al Maktoum International Airport. Shops are in both the arrival and departure hall. The stores are opened 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Also, Dubai Duty Free items are sold on all Emirates Airline flights.
Products sold through Dubai Duty Free are as follows:
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses and sunglass accessories from global brands like Ray Ban and Tom Ford
- Electronics: Mobile phones, computers, tablets, cameras, audio equipment, gaming equipment and more
- Telephone Cards: Du and Etisalat telephone cards
- Men’s fashion: Selection of men’s fashion ranging from suits to cufflinks
- Women’s fashion: Selection of women’s fashion including shoes, lingerie and designer wear
- Alcohol: Various liquors ranging from champagne to single malt whiskeys
- Cigarettes: Cigarettes from global brands
- Cigars: Cigars from America, Europe, the Dominican Republic, Honduras and Cuba
- Souvenirs: Plush toys, food items, magnets, t-shirts and other souvenir items
- Confectionary and Fine food: Chocolate, sweets, and fine foods like dates, nuts and other specialty items
- Gold and Jewelry: Gold jewelry, costume jewelry and other items from brands such as Pandora and Swarovski
- Watches: Watches and watch accessories from top brands at great prices
- Perfumes: Fragrances by global brands at attractive prices
- Cosmetics: Various cosmetic items including make up, and skin care from global brands
- Luggage: Suitcases, bags and travel accessories
- Pens: Various types of pens like ballpoint, rollerball, fountain pens and fine liners
- Leather goods: Handbags, purses and wallets made from fine leather
Duty Free Allowances
Passengers arriving in international destinations should be sure to check the duty free allowances there before purchasing items.
Passengers arrived in Dubai can bring in the following amount of products:
- Cigarettes: 400
- Cigars: 50
- Tobacco: 2 kg
- Wine: 4 liters
- Spirits: 4 liters
- Perfume: 200 ml
How to preorder Dubai Duty Free items online
Preordering Dubai Duty Free items is simple with their convenient online webstore.
Steps to preorder Dubai Duty Free items:
- Browse items online and select an item. Add the item to your cart.
- Register or log in to the Dubai Duty Free website to complete your order. You also have the option to checkout as a guest.
- Add your travel information and flight details that is listed on your ticket. For transiting and connecting flights be sure to provide the outbound flight from the Dubai International Airport.
- Pick up your order at the Webshop collection area.